Work in an industry you are interested in, for an employer eager to help you, through the West Michigan Works! Summer Youth 2023 Career Readiness program.
The Career Readiness program includes in-person summer work experience and online training. Your online training will include:
- Career exploration.
- Problem-solving in the workplace.
- Soft skills training.
If you don’t have access to the necessary technology we can help! Just let us know on your application.
Application period has ended
The application deadline for summer 2023 was May 12, 2023. Connect with a youth career coach to learn about other services you can take advantage of.
Earn and Learn
This is a paid position! You will be paid weekly, based on your attendance and completion of your online activities.
The Summer Youth 2023 Career Readiness program runs June 20 – Aug. 3, 2023. The program runs for six weeks, Monday through Friday, for 20 hours each week. Virtual meetings and activities will be held on Fridays.
Eligibility and Orientation
- You must be between 14 and 24 years old by June 1, 2023.
- You must be eligible for, and accepted into the program, prior to June 20, 2023.
- Eligibility paperwork is required. If you’re eligible and accepted into the program, you will be notified by email about your orientation date and summer schedule.
- Orientation will be virtual and attendance is mandatory.
- Parents and guardians are encouraged to attend the youth virtual orientation.
While there are no worksite placement location guarantees, West Michigan Works! Ascend Youth program staff will work to place you with an employer that best matches your skills and interests. Your final worksite location is at the discretion of West Michigan Works!.