Frontliners May Qualify for Free Tuition!
Michigan is giving back to its essential workers who helped the state to keep running and to get through the Stay Home, Stay Safe order that took place this year due to COVID-19. In September, the Futures for Frontliners program was launched to help thank those frontline workers.
The Futures for Frontliners program is here to help people who worked directly with the public to prepare for their future by assisting them with furthering their educations tuition free. The program assists qualified frontline workers to get a high school diploma or equivalent or to pursue an associate degree from a community college.
Do You Qualify?
To be eligible for the program, workers must:
- Be a Michigan resident
- Have worked in an essential industry at least part-time for 11 of the 13 weeks between April 1 – June 30, 2020
- Have been required by their job to work outside the home at least some of the time between April 1 – June 30, 2020
- Not have previously earned an associate or bachelor’s degree
- Not be in default on a Federal student loan
- Complete a Futures for Frontliners scholarship application by 11:59 pm on December 31, 2020
Have you been thinking about going back to school and are a frontline worker? Now could be the right time to start. Visit the Futures for Frontliners webpage to see if you are qualified and for more information on the program and how to apply.