THANK YOU, FRONTLINERS!
Futures for Frontliners is a state scholarship program for Michiganders without college degrees who worked in essential industries during the state COVID-19 shutdown in spring 2020 (April 1 – June 30). This scholarship provides these frontline workers with tuition-free access to local community college to pursue an associate degree or a skills certificate, either full-time or part-time while you work.
Thinking about going back to school? Choose the path that’s right for you:
High School Completion
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a Michigan resident.
- Have worked in an essential industry, at least part-time for 11 of the 13 weeks between April 1 – June 30, 2020.
- Have been required by their job to work outside the home at least some of the time between April 1 – June 30, 2020.
- Not have previously earned an associate or bachelor’s degree.
- Not be in default on a Federal student loan.
- Complete a Futures for Frontliners scholarship application by 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2020.