GET THE SHORT-TERM TRAINING NECESSARY FOR HIGH-DEMAND CAREERS
Many short-term training programs can lead to a stable career in a high-demand industry. Working in one of our region’s high-demand industries (agribusiness, construction, health care, information technology or manufacturing) can mean high growth potential, job security and higher wages.
These unique short-term training programs offer the following benefits:
- Direct employer involvement. Employers review the curriculum and some even teach in the program. That means what you are learning will be used on the job when you go to work.
- Confidence in a career choice. Participants know they have the skills to be successful and a head start when they begin their career.
- Earning a certificate or credential usually results in a higher starting wage.
- Certificate holders typically advance more quickly in an organization because of what they have learned.
Popular short-term training
Programs with current openings and immediate jobs available after completion include:
- Pre-Apprenticeship Line Worker, in partnership with Consumers Energy.
- Construction Electrical Apprentice
- Cybersecurity Basics
- HVAC (Heating, cooling, air conditioning)
- CNC Machining
- Public Works
- Mechanical Design Certificate
- Industrial Technology Certificate
Interested in healthcare?
Through Michigan Rural Enhanced Access to Careers in Healthcare (MiREACH) you can get paid while you get the education and training needed to get started in a variety of in-demand healthcare careers.
As a MiREACH participant, you will receive on-the-job training and classroom instruction, and you’ll earn a paycheck.
Current in-demand healthcare professions include:
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Medical Assistants
- Medical Equipment Preparers (Sterile Processing Technicians)
- Psychiatric Aides and Technicians
- Registered Nurses
- Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors
- And many others
Go to michigan.gov/mireach to learn more, and fill out their contact form to get started.
For those concerned about the cost of going back to school, we can help you find ways make short-term training affordable, and in some cases free. If you want to improve your skills, now is the time!
Plus community colleges provide a variety of resources such as, free tutoring services, advising, and career coaching, to help their students succeed when enrolled in their short-term training programs.
Fill out our training interest form today.