Is your company interested in developing a registered apprenticeship program? Why do it alone?
Apprenticeships have been used to train labor and address critical talent needs for over 75 years. West Michigan Works! is now part of a statewide initiative to expand apprenticeship programs. By acting as a liaison with the US Department of Labor, we can help you build an apprenticeship program to meet your workforce needs.
Registered Apprenticeship Programs provide many benefits to employers, including: a pipeline of highly skilled workers, increased loyalty, increased productivity and lower turnover.
West Michigan Works! has Registered Apprenticeship Programs covering several occupations. Our current programs and those in development include:
Healthcare: Medical Assistant, Central Processing Sterilization Technician
Advanced Manufacturing: Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, Tool & Die*, CNC Machinist*
Information Technology: IT Support Technician*
*Program currently in development
By participating in one of our employer consortiums, you can enjoy the following benefits of working with us:
- We are your liaison with the Department of Labor making program development and administration seamless
- Collaboration with local community colleges and training providers to develop the best supporting curriculum with flexibility to your individual needs
- Connections with high school apprenticeship feeder programs and other community resources for development of a talent pipeline
- Recruitment and assessment of candidates so they are apprenticeship ready
- A forum to collaborate and share best practices with other employers in your industry