Customized Training provides funds* for employers in West Michigan to upgrade the skills of existing eligible employees in order to retain or maintain employment, enhance their wage earning capacity, add to the viability and productivity of the business or avert a layoff situation.
Eligible customized training may be linked to:
- new technologies
- new production or service procedures
- skill attainment for career advancement
- other training as determined
Eligible employers must:
- conduct business in West Michigan Works! area
- have been in business for at least one year prior to their application date
- be financially sound and are current on all state tax obligations
*Up to 50% of the cost of training, i.e. instructor’s wages/tuition, curriculum development, textbooks, manuals, etc.