Maybe you’ve heard of Michigan Works! because a friend went there or you’ve driven past the building. You might have gone to a service center as part of your unemployment insurance claim.
Whether you’ve been there once or a dozen times, here are some things you might not know about West Michigan Works!:
- FREE SERVICES: There’s no need to pay for a resume review, skill-building workshop or access to the internet or a printer.
- HELPFUL STAFF: West Michigan Works! staff are ready to help you from the first day of your job search through your first day of work. Get assistance with your online job search, resume and cover letter, resource connections and more.
- EMPLOYER RELATIONSHIPS: West Michigan Works! works closely with employers throughout West Michigan to find out what jobs they need to fill and what skills their employees need to have. West Michigan Works! then works with training providers to create programs that give job seekers the knowledge and skills they need to fill those jobs.
- TRAINING SCHOLARSHIPS: West Michigan Works! staff can help connect you to scholarships that can contribute to, or completely cover, the costs of training programs (see the 2019 Hot Jobs List for occupations that meet the criteria for training scholarships). Having a hard time with childcare or transportation? Staff can connect you to resources to help ease those burdens.
- JOB BLAST: West Michigan Works! sends the latest job postings every Friday. This email has hundreds of jobs and information on upcoming hiring events. Sign up for this week’s Job Blast here: http://bit.ly/jobblast
Let us help you take your next step to a new career!