The New Year is a great time to reset goals and create healthy habits. Have you made any resolutions yet? Here’s a list of popular goals and how they can help your job search:
- Exercise more Exercise releases endorphins which make you feel happier. Exercise will improve your sleep, reduce stress and help you stay healthy. Schedule time to exercise into your job search schedule.
- Save more, spend less All of our job search services are free; don’t ever pay for a resume review or interview prep.
- Read more Pick a work or hobby related topic you’re interested in. Find books at the library or credible online resources. If you choose a work topic, reference your learning in interviews.
- Learn something new Keep your brain sharp and your day productive. Consider something fun like woodworking or painting, or something that relates to your job (like one of our workshops). Our Career Coaches can connect you to job training. Scholarships might be available too.
- Get organized Make sure your resume is up-to-date. Start a job search spreadsheet (if you haven’t already) that tracks where you’ve applied and the status of the application. This will help you follow up on applications and write timely interview thank you notes.
- Get more sleep Sleep improves your immune system, decreases your chance of depression and improves concentration and productivity. Job searching is hard work, so reward your body each night with at least 7 hours of sleep. You’ll wake up rested and ready to give 100% to your job search.
- Spend time with family Networking is a very important part of your job search, so start with your friends and family. Then begin reaching out to your extended personal and professional networks.