Apprenticeship is a proven tool forcreating a skilled workforce, improving productivity, and reducing turnover
West Michigan Works! makes it easy for employers to provide a registered apprenticeship program.
Our experienced staff do all the background work to get the occupation approved, collaborating with local community colleges and training providers to develop classroom curriculum and registering your apprentices with the U.S. Department of Labor. As the employer, you still have full control over your company’s program and will supervise and mentor your apprentices.
Benefits of the WMW! Registered Apprenticeship Development program
- Direct assistance from U.S. Department of Labor.
- Simplified startup of your apprenticeship program.
- Flexible programs; choose from a broad menu of training options to fit your company needs.
- Partnerships with local community colleges and training providers.
- Assistance with recruitment.
- Access to feeder programs at high schools.
- Ability to add on other high-demand occupations .
- Funding may be available.
Apprenticeship isn’t just for manufacturing or construction! We also offer apprenticeship development in non-traditional industries such as health care, IT and agribusiness.
Current U.S. DOL Registered Apprenticeship Development Programs
West Michigan Works! offers apprenticeships in the following occupations:
- Diagnostic Imaging Specialist – 1 year
- General Insurance Associate – 1 year
- Home Health Aide
- Medical Assistant – 1 year
- Neurodiagnostic Technologist – 1 year
- Sterile Processing Technician – 1 year or less
- Surgical Technologist – 2 years
- CNC Machine Specialist – 2 years
- CNC Machinist Operator – 4 years
- Electrician Maintenance – 4 years
- Field Services Engineer – 2 years
- Industrial Manufacturing Technician – 1 year
- Maintenance Technician – 2 years
- Maintenance Mechanic – 4 years
- Machine Builder – 2 years
- Machine Operator – 1 year
- Machine Repair – 4 years
- Machinist – 4 years
- Mechatronics Technician – 4 years
- Millwright – 4 years
- Welder Combination – 3 years
- Machine Builder – 2 Years
- Quality Control Inspector – 2 years
- Tool & Die Maker – 4 years
- Tool Maker – 4 years
- Computer Programmer – 2 years
- Network Support Technician – 2 years or less
- Construction Apprentice – 1 year
- Electrician – 4 years
- Greenskeeper – 2 years
- HVAC- Installer/Servicer – 3 years
- Mechatronics Technician Electrical – 5 years
For more information, contact the Apprenticeship Team at email@example.com.